home based
GooGurl43 asked:

I want to start a small home based business where I can bake Cakes, cookies, mints, and other sweets to sell. I was wondering if I needing a certain kind of license for a commercial kitchen or for a small home business? Any information would be appreciated! (I’m from Iowa if that makes a difference.) Thanks!



Starlight on 19 April, 2009 at 3:57 am #

Your home kitchen will have to pass inspection and be approved before you can sell products for consumption. You need to contact your county health department to start the process for approval and licensing. Don’t bother applying for and paying for a city license until you find out if you pass inspection.

livemoreamply on 20 April, 2009 at 7:09 am #

You probably do need a license if you plan to sell food commercially. The try the municipal, county or state commerce department and they should be able to tell you what you need. And yes, you will likely have to pass a health inspection.

Post a Comment